Reason Why Yemi Alade Don't Win Awards: She Refuses Sex

0
Yemi Eberechi Alade, who is better known as Yemi Alade, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, actress and activist. Her music is a mixture of Afropop, highlife, dancehall, pop and R&B, and has been of influence in several countries across Africa. She sings in English, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba, French, Swahili and Portuguese.  Wikipedia

Yemi Eberechi Alade, who is better known as Yemi Alade, is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, actress and activist. Her music is a mixture of Afropop, highlife, dancehall, pop and R&B, and has been of influence in several countries across Africa. She sings in English, Igbo, Pidgin, Yoruba, French, Swahili and Portuguese. 

She reveals why she doesn’t get awards in the for her hard work, despite her success and recognition in the industry.

According to the songstress, she rarely wins awards in Nigeria because she refuses to meet organizers’ requests for S€X.

The ‘Johnny’ singer revealed during an interview with WithinNigeria. She stated that many entertainment executives have previously solicited S€X from her, promising better opportunities.

She stated that she has no remorse about declining their offers because she still has her dignity and a devoted fans.

This is what she said 👇 

"There was a time in the industry when everyone wanted to sl££p with me and it was like, ’Yemi, if you don’t do this, you won’t have that’ , going down with men was like a bridge I had to cross to get on some platforms, get some deals and even awards. 

When I made my decision never to engage in s€xual activities for gains, lots of opportunities were automatically blocked for me. Ask yourself why Yemi Alade who is the most viewed and most subscribed Nigerian female artiste on YouTube gets almost no recognition from award shows year after year. 

Even during twitter debates, no one mentions Yemi Alade as one of the biggest female artistes in Nigeria. 

They really blocked everything for me. But I’m glad coz I have my dignity, I have my life, I’m making cool cash and above all, I have fans who love me so much...” ~ Yemi Alade

What do you think.? 

Post a Comment

0Comments

Leaving a comment below is dope.

Post a Comment (0)